Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas which has no smell, taste or colour. It is produced by the incomplete combustion of fuels including gas, oil, coal and wood used in boilers, gas fires, water heaters, solid fuel appliances and open fires. An orange rather than blue flame can sometimes be an indication that carbon monoxide is being produced. Exposure to above recommended concentrations of carbon monoxide can quickly cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, convulsions and death.
Carbon monoxide detectors can also be part of a telecare system, view telecare enabled carbon monoxide alarms.
Browse our list of local retailers by county and region
Use our interactive quiz AskSARA to guide you to advice and equipment.
Would you like support from a trained advisor with no sales pressure?
DLF Data is the UK's only comprehensive database of daily living equipment.
CPD-accredited courses aimed at professional healthcare providers and carers.