Quantcast
 

Carbon monoxide poisoning continued

Carbon monoxide poisoning continued

If you or anyone else in your property experiences symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning: headaches, dizziness, vomiting, call the fire brigade and immediately move outside. Do not re-enter the premises until it has been aired out and the problem corrected.

If your telecare carbon monoxide alarm goes off your help centre will give you advice and contact any necessary services. General advice for reacting to a carbon monoxide alarm going off is to turn off your appliances (boilers, gas fires, water heaters, solid fuel appliances and open fires) at once. Immediately allow fresh air into the premises by opening doors and windows. Call a qualified technician and have them investigate and resolve the problem before relighting appliances.

A carbon monoxide alarm should be located near your bedroom, where it can wake you if you are asleep. Additional alarms can be installed on other storeys and in every bedroom of a home for extra protection. A detector should not be placed within a metre of heating or cooking appliances or in or near very humid areas such as bathrooms.

For more information visit the sites listed below:

Carbon Monoxide Kills.com

The Carbon Monoxide and Gas Safety Society

The Health and Safety Executive

All advice is either supported by references (cited in the text) or is based upon peer reviewed professional opinion. Our advice is impartial and not influenced by sponsors or product suppliers listed on the site.
Conflict of interest statement

Feedback
Top